Almost all students use essays, tests or diplomas, made to order. Especially those who are trying to combine study and work. In fact, there may be many reasons, including banal laziness. But no matter how well the order was made, you should read the work before the defense, because no one will pass it instead of you.
What should you pay attention to after receiving a finished commissioned work?
The content of the article:
To ensure that everything went well, it is necessary to make an order in advance. Then you have time to get acquainted with the coursework, and to prepare for the defense. In addition, it’s a significant saving on money – you don’t need to pay extra for urgency.
When you get your hands on a finished job, it should always be checked:
- Formatting. Take a methodology of your university and check if all the necessary requirements. Of course, everyone can make a mistake, but obvious bloopers in the design can create a negative impression in the teacher.
- Material. Read the entire paper. Pay attention to the list of references. For the topic to be fully disclosed, more than one source of information should be used. Reading will give you a general understanding, and the ability to navigate the material.
- Theses. It is not bad if you take notes while reading. Write out the main points and talking points. It’s okay to refer to your notes. It shows that you have prepared and tried, not that the student is absolutely “swimming” in the subject.
- Reread your work several times. This will help not only to find possible mistakes, but also to gain confidence in your knowledge.
Five minutes of embarrassment or a decent performance
Fear of public defense of the thesis is primarily a psychological barrier. If a person is unsure of himself, then for him the defense of the diploma can turn into five minutes of shame. But it is worth well prepared, carefully read the thesis, write out abstracts or prepare a small presentation, and your performance will cause a storm of applause. Remember only on you and your mood will depend on what this performance will be for you. Good preparation on your own is tantamount to writing your own paper.
Go to other students’ defenses
Going to other groups’ defenses can be a good preparation step. Many universities practice open presentations in classrooms. That is, anyone can come and listen to each other and get acquainted with the possible types of questions that the committee members have. The student should understand that if there are five people in the committee, at least half of them will only know the title of your diploma. You and your advisor will be the most familiar with the topic. Therefore, the questions that may arise are likely to be of a general nature. Awareness will most likely be expressed in what can be found on the Internet.
A good report and presentation is essential for success
If you decide to get research paper for college, the preparation for your defense is a report and a short presentation of your project. Both should contain the main aspects that are highlighted in the work.
The plan for the report is as follows:
- the theme and purpose of the diploma;
- the tasks which were set before the beginning of the work;
- how these tasks are realized;
- conclusions, which tells about the results of the work, whether the direction of the study was correct.