10 Most Anticipated and Impressive Architecture Premieres of 2018
26 February 2018
Calgary Canada Central Library
The content of the article:
- 1 Calgary Canada Central Library
- 2 Morpheus Hotel in Macau, China
- 3 Central Library in Christchurch, New Zealand /07/60c7f5e24766417e48baddf8a7dc83f8.jpg” width=”728″ height=”409″ class=”lazy-image__image _align-center” data-v-64ca9b5a=”1″ alt=”The most anticipated buildings of 2018 (photo 7)” /> After the devastating earthquakes of 2010 and 2011, Christchurch's city center is actively rebuilding. This includes the completion of the reconstruction of the Central Library designed by the Danish bureau Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects. However, the public space will not be limited to traditional functions: it is planned to use the building for various social events, residents' recreation and as a new symbol of the city. Victoria and Albert Design Museum in Dundee, UK
- 4 House of Justice in Paris, France
- 5 Lakhta Center in St. Petersburg, Russia
- 6 Coal Drops Yard in London, UK
- 7 3 World Trade Center in New York, USA
- 8 New Istanbul Airport, Turkey
- 9 World One Residential Complex in Mumbai, India
Norwegian bureau Snøhetta and Canadian architects Dialog have designed a new building for the Central Library in Calgary, Alberta. In addition to the usual reading rooms, the space includes rooms for scientific research and innovative developments. Interestingly, the library is located in the middle of a busy street, and a high-speed city tram line runs right through the building. Because the main structure is slightly raised above the ground. The figured facade is implemented in the form of transparent and matte mosaic panels.
Morpheus Hotel in Macau, China
The long-awaited “free-form exoskeleton” building of the Morpheus Hotel, designed by Zaha Hadid, is slated to open this spring. Macau is considered in the world to be practically a Chinese Las Vegas, because the futuristic large-scale 40-story building of Hadid harmoniously fits into the urban landscape. The biomorphic structure with a through center is braided with a mesh structure that supports the structure. The hotel buildings are interconnected by three “bridges”.