Each building in this collection – from Maison Rouge to Melnikov's house – not only reflects the iconic features of the architectural style, but is the embodiment of a new level, and sometimes a new meaning of life
1. Maison Rouge, ADM project, 2020.
The content of the article:
- 1 1. Maison Rouge, ADM project, 2020.
- 2 2. Residential complex on Ostozhenka street, AB “Ostozhenka”, 2000-2002.
- 3 3. “Park Place”, workshop “Mosproekt-1” under the direction of Yakov Belopolsky, 1988-1992.
- 4 4. “House of Brezhnev” Granatny Lane, 10/1, 1978.
- 5 5. House “Swan”, workshop “Mosproekt-1” under the direction of Andrey Meerson, 1967-1973.
- 6 6. High-rise on Kotelnicheskaya embankment, Dmitry Chechulin & nbsp; and & nbsp; Andrey Rostkovsky. Construction began in 1938-1940, completed in 1948-1952.
- 7 7. “Openwork House”, Andrey Burov & nbsp; and Boris Blokhin, 1939-1940.
- 8 8. “House on the Embankment”, Boris Iofan, 1931.
- 9 9. Melnikov House, 1927-1929.
Maison Rouge & nbsp; is a new format of a club house: a minimum of neighbors, panoramic windows, a location in the very center of Moscow, maximum safety and comfort. You can enter the building only with your fingerprint. Inside, there are even such small things as dedicated places for strollers on each floor or a bathroom in the lobby with a separate bathtub for washing pets' paws. And, of course, the high level of modern architecture. The building was designed by the ADM bureau and includes only forty apartments. Ceiling height from 3.2 to 4.35 meters, depending on the floor. The expressive rhythm of the glazing of the facade is emphasized by the cladding made of hand-molded clinker bricks from the German manufacturer Muhr with noble shades of terracotta and garnet colors. The picture is completed by the landscape design and lighting of the adjoining territory, also developed by the ADM bureau. The Maison Rouge implementation partner is Hutton, and the developer of the project is MR Group, one of the leaders in the field of residential and commercial real estate. @maison_rouge_apartments
2. Residential complex on Ostozhenka street, AB “Ostozhenka”, 2000-2002.
The residential complex with a total area of 15,000 square meters has become a symbol of the flourishing of modern architecture in Moscow in the 2000s and an important part of the “Golden Mile” where the buildings of the most fashionable architectural firms of those years originated. JSB “Ostozhenka” has developed not only the project of this house, but also the general plan of the entire quarter. & nbsp; & nbsp;
3. “Park Place”, workshop “Mosproekt-1” under the direction of Yakov Belopolsky, 1988-1992.
The building at the intersection of Leninsky Prospekt and Miklukho-Maklaya Street & nbsp; was designed as an elite Soviet residential complex for employees of foreign embassies. Consequently, it had to include the most important features of the “bourgeois way of life.” Such as underground parking, restaurants, a fitness center and even a kindergarten. In principle, Park Place residents could not leave its territory. The construction was carried out at the highest level, and the building itself is recognized as the pinnacle of Soviet modernism. After the collapse of the USSR, the facility became commercial and eventually combined the functions of a residential complex and a business center.
4. “House of Brezhnev” Granatny Lane, 10/1, 1978.
The nine-story building was built personally for Brezhnev and the party elite. If you look at the house from the street, you can see that the ceilings on the sixth floor are higher. It was there that the secretary general's apartment (500 sq. M) was located. However, he refused to live in it. According to one version, he found the apartment too luxurious, according to another & nbsp; – did not want to move at an advanced age. Similar departmental houses, popularly called “tsekashki”, were built from 1963 until the collapse of the Soviet Union.
5. House “Swan”, workshop “Mosproekt-1” under the direction of Andrey Meerson, 1967-1973.
Experimental panel “residential complex with servicing” is located at Leningradskoe shosse, 29-35. The composition of “Swan” consists of four 16-storey buildings. & Nbsp; All volumes are on the stylobate of the service block, where the order bureau, laundry, rental of household appliances, a medical room, a kindergarten, a library were located … The operated roof of the stylobate was intended for outdoor recreation air. In the underground part there is a garage for 300 spaces and storage rooms for each apartment. In a word, not life, but a fairy tale! For the “Swan” project, architect Andrei Meerson, who built the famous & nbsp; Aviator's House on Begovaya a few years later, received the & nbsp; Grand Prix in Paris. & Nbsp;
6. High-rise on Kotelnicheskaya embankment, Dmitry Chechulin & nbsp; and & nbsp; Andrey Rostkovsky. Construction began in 1938-1940, completed in 1948-1952.
The skyscraper on Kotelnicheskaya embankment & nbsp; is one of the seven completed & nbsp; Stalinist skyscrapers & nbsp; in & nbsp; Moscow. The skyscraper was built as a “city within a city” and became not just the first Soviet skyscraper, but a symbol of the city, later captured in the films “Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears”, “Brother-2”, “Hipsters” and in the TV series “Brigade”. & Nbsp; apartments for the first time appeared central hot water supply, air conditioning and even “central dust extraction” & nbsp; – a special socket in the wall to which you can connect a hose and vacuum it the apartment. It's pretty easy to get into the house today. For example, you can go to the museum-apartment of Galina Ulanova.
7. “Openwork House”, Andrey Burov & nbsp; and Boris Blokhin, 1939-1940.
The monument to experimental residential construction in the Art Deco style is located at the intersection of & nbsp; Begovaya Street & nbsp; and & nbsp; Leningradsky Prospekt, erected by & nbsp; method & nbsp; large-block construction. The Burov House, better known as the Openwork House, is so named because of the concrete grates that adorn the kitchen loggias and at the same time hide their contents from the eyes of passers-by. The openwork reliefs were cast at the factory according to the drawings of the famous book graphic artist Vladimir Favorsky. The project, combining the economy of prefabricated housing and artistic expression, was supposed to be serial, but the outbreak of war prevented.
8. “House on the Embankment”, Boris Iofan, 1931.
Architect Boris Iofan created the standard of the Soviet house and believed that in the future all Soviet people would live in such buildings. The apartments were different, from 40-meter one-room apartments to 300-meter seven-room apartments, but they all had unprecedented benefits at that time: central heating, electric lighting, hot and cold water. There are windows in the bathrooms and toilets, but the kitchens were small: the Soviet family had to eat in the dining room! Located in the same house. & nbsp;
9. Melnikov House, 1927-1929.
center of Moscow & nbsp; (Krivoarbatskiy per., 10), built by the architect Konstantin Melnikov as an experimental structure according to the “Melnikov system”, which he proposed to introduce into mass construction. According to the author himself, the cylindrical shape of the building allowed him to save on materials, because “the floor area was surrounded by the minimum perimeter of the walls.” The architect lived in this house until his last days. Now the State Museum of Konstantin and Viktor Melnikovs is here. & nbsp;
Workshop in Melnikov's house.